1. The very first church John and I attended together was Holy Angels. The children's portion of cemetery where Ethan is buried is also called Holy Angels. Perhaps this was a small hint about how our faith would be important in the rough times ahead.
2. After Ethan passed away, I saw ladybugs everywhere (especially at the cemetery) and I couldn't quite figure out why. I gave birth to my very own LadyBug a few months later. The first woman I heard of with FVII-Def started the LadyBugs, LLC -- an awareness group for WWBDs. (Women with Bleeding Disorders)
3. Ethan was born 6:02am. I miscarried my first child on 6/2/2000. A doctor from Stanford theorized that I lost the first baby because he/she (we think he) could have been even more severely FVII-Def than Ethan and Niki. Our first cub and Ethan ultimately were both "incompatible with life".
4. Niki came home from the NICU on on 3/5/2009. Ethan was buried on 3/4/2008. We were cloaked in darkness in the year following his death and up until Niki came home. Sunshine had re-entered our lives one full year after the sunshine left.
5. Niki was born on Ethan's due date 2/16, but was due on Ethan's birth date 2/20. She entered our arms exactly one year after we expected him to enter ours. Maybe the fact that she was due on 2/20 meant that she and Ethan were going to be "twins" when it came to their condition.