Search This Blog

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Alyssa's Tropical Luau...

On September 11th my MIL informed me via text that my SIL Alyssa's 13th birthday party was moved up to September 18th! The party was originally supposed to be on 9/25/10, but unfortunately, no one would be able to attend if the party was held that day. So, that meant I needed to kick my ass into high gear to put the party togther in less than one week!!! I searched high and low for luau decor on 9/12/10 with no such luck -- all I found were some hibiscus swizzle sticks, a plain sign, and some tropical flowers.

That meant that I had to make EVERYTHING from scratch!!!!

Unfortunately, Niki and I took turns being sick during that one week time period. I had a terrible case of vertigo on 9/17/10 (the day before the party) and I was out of comission all day. By some miracle I was able to pull the party decor together. I like to think is somewhat resembles a luau being that I dabbled some of my SIL's old hula accessories here and there. Or, perhaps I'm just telling myself that to make me feel better. This party definitely was NOT up-to-par with my usual standards, but the important part was my SIL had a blast. I even got to indulge in baking & "rescuing me" in the process. :)

I handpainted the colors on this sign...
 Sea Glass
 Hand-glued each and every seashell...
 The Pineapple Jumphouse...
Tropical Flowers...
It works, right???
"Tropical" Treats...
 "Seashells in the Sand" ;-)
 Tres Leches Mini-Cakes...
The Luau Feast...
Boo Enjoying the Pineapple Jumper..
 More Jumpers...
 Niki looked like she wanted to go inside...
She didn't like it very much...
 And was much happier outside...
 The Cutest Cake Ever! (Made by A.S.)
 My SILs...
 Happy Birthday Alyssa!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment