Search This Blog

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Cubs at the Beach - 8/24/10

We had a heat wave here in the Bay Area last week and it was gorgeously disgusting. I hate, hate, HATE, hot weather! Growing up in DC/Colma will do that to ya. The Cancer in me gravitates toward the water whenever it's sweltering outside. John is a Scorpio (a water sign) so I think the same goes for him, too. So, when he randomly offered to go to the beach after a long day of work, I happily obliged.

We set off for the beach close to 6pm, but we still had plenty of time to enjoy the sunlight. (My SILs came along to join the fun.) It almost 8pm before the sun finally set. I hate, hate, HATE sand, but was so nice to be in cooler temperatures. I swear, the only reason I was going to work that week was because there was air conditioning there!

I learned that I love, love, LOVE shooting at sunset. Colors turn out deliciously crisp, golden, and rich depending on the way the sun hits the subject.

The Cubs Enjoying the Waves...
 One Cub Didn't Enjoy the Waves for Very Long...
Just Niki...
Just Boo...
Just Kev...
Kev and Boo Can Levitate. ;-)
 Cubs in the Sand...
 Us with our Cubs...
Lol...messy beach hair rocks!
Diamond Tiara...sort of.
Like Father...
 
Like Daughter...
 
 The Lion King Keeping a Watchful Eye on His Cubs...
Mother Nature is Beautiful...
I always think of my Pisces when we're at the beach...
My footprints are alone, but He is always with me...
We're all a lot like sea rocks.  We start off rough around the edges, but smooth out once we've been tossed around the ocean a few times.
 Life is gritty and turbulent, but the end result of our journey is absolutely beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment