Search This Blog

Saturday, December 12, 2009

More Little Lions...

Don't get too excited....I am NOT pregnant!!! (Heh, for once.)

I simply wanted to blog about the *possibility* of adding more little lions to our den in the future. Many of you know that I am quite the Fertile Myrtle. If John looks at me funny, I get pregnant! He's knocked me up 5 times in the past 11 1/2 years so let's do the math, shall we?

4 little lions x 10 months (40 weeks/per pregnancy) = 40 months of pregnancy
Add 2.75 months for Baby #1 (more on baby DCD some other time) = 42.75 months of pregnancy
Divide that number (42.75) by 12 (months in one year) = 3.56 years

This means that I have been pregnant for almost 3 1/2 years of our relationship. Please don't even get me started on how many years I've been postpartum and breastfeeding! You'd think that I'd be absolutely sick of being pregnant by this time, right? I mean, 3 1/2 years is no walk in the park! Think about it -- pregnant women are grouchy, moody, hungry, (dare I say it?) EVIL little fatsos.

Well...at least I was.

So why on God's green Earth would I want to subject myself to pregnancy when I've already incubated FOUR LITTLE LIONS?! Why? Why?! WHY?! Why the hell would I want to have more little lions?!

I ask myself that often.

Haven't I had enough? I had Niki DRUG FREE and felt ALL of the searing, hot vaginal pain when I pushed her out. Haven't I had enough considering that taming these little lions is a lot of work?! Haven't I had enough since the economy sucks and raising children is expensive?

But....even though pregnancy sucks, watching my little lions grow makes it worth it.

I'd be happy with just one more little lion (or lioness!) for Niki to grow up with. Or two...or three...or 18 and counting! ;-) But, don't worry, we're not getting all Duggar....yet. Actually, I'm more Octomom-esque since I've sort of been "single" with my desire to increase the size of our "lion pride".

Until recently...

John and I were looking at old pictures of the cubs when he blurted out, "I love having babies. Being a parent just comes so naturally to me , ya know?" Aside from marveling at how thin we were, we admired how much our little cubs have grown. And, how much we miss having sleepy newborns around the house. We then flirted with the idea of having just one more little lion in a few years. So, it looks like I'm wearing him down, folks! Lol.We also came to one more interesting conclusion. The more we stared at Boo's baby pics, the more we realized that Ethan was a spitting image of Boo.

That boy was gonna be a heart breaker, I tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment