Search This Blog

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Me & JD....

Many of you already know that JD and I were "high school sweethearts". If you know this, then you should also know that we have always been complete opposites of one another. Always. I'm cheerful, goofy ("birds & flowers" as he likes to call it) and he's....well, kind of mean looking.

When JD was much younger, people weren't very fond of him because of of his "look". As a matter of fact when I first met him, I thought he looked like a total asshole. Definitely not my type of guy. As far as I was concerned, there was nothing appealing about a person who looked at me like this:

Of course, I felt this way about him before I knew who he was. The picture above (where he's taking a drag from a cigarette) was taken just seconds before he cracked a huge smile. I caught him on candid camera and he felt silly. And the "scary eye" picture? Well, I just called his name and he looked at me. He always looks like this.

Things aren't always as they appear.

Regardless of the many bumps we've encountered on our journey together, I am often thankful that I didn't let my eyes decieve me. We celebrated our 11 year anniversary just earlier this month. In these past 11 years, we've shared so many depths of joy and pain together. Oh, what a ride it has been!


I'll love him and the life we're created together until the end of time.



No comments:

Post a Comment