Search This Blog

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Back 2 School - 8/17/10

It's hard to believe that I have TWO kids in elementary school now, but it's true! John and I dropped the boys off to school that morning and reminisced about how quickly they've grown up. It seems like just yesterday we were changing diapers and wiping drool. Now, BOTH of my kids can wipe their own butts and they have homework to do.  My boys are getting big. And, I'm an old hag.

Back to school shopping is easy because the boys wear uniforms and their supply list is pretty straight forward. It's not cheap, but at least it's an easy task to execute. The fact that we actually have money to afford these lovely items is refreshing. Again, I grew up po' as hell so school shopping was very limited. Child support wasn't enough and/or non-existent and my Mom worked for a bank -- I had a lovely $100 "Mervyn's shopping spree" once a year.

John and I definitely aren't affluent, but it feels good knowing that money isn't an issue when we have to buy kids their Back 2 School necessities. My boys will NEVER experience shoe-refurbishing like I did.

Here are a few pics from that monumental day.
The Lion King and his Cubs...
Kev & Boo: My 2nd grader and Kindergartner!
His 1st Day of "Real School"
Kevin Entering the 2nd Grade...
Boo waiting for his name to be called. The Kindergarten teachers release the kids one by one.
8/17/10 was an awesome day. My cubs are grade-schoolers and we found out the baby's gender.
I can't wait until we have all four little lions in school! If I'm doing my math right, Diamond will be in Kinder, Niki in 2nd grade, Boo with be in 6th grade, and Kevie will be in 8th grade. I'm SUPER interested to see what my blog post about school supplies will be like then.

Oh, how broke we will be. But I LOVE it!!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. hahahahahaa!!! diamond. oh man i still have to tell you the real story

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well then, that means we need to have dinner. Let's coordinate!

    ReplyDelete