Search This Blog

Friday, October 2, 2009

Mobility...

Let the "Injury Fest" begin 'cause Niki's going to be crawling soon!

I just discovered that my baby girl can momentarily support her own weight on when she is her hands and knees. She bounces back and forth in an attempt to move. Lol! It's totally cute, but this also means that mobility is swiftly approaching folks!

I'm excited and terrified at the same time.

More movement = increased risk for injury. I'm really trying NOT to be a "helicopter parent", but I am moved to hover over her. I can't help it. Sometimes, I wish Niki would stay little forever. I don't want her to get hurt. I don't want her to bleed. I don't want her to grow up!

I vote that she stays a baby forever. ;-)

All joking aside, I've been looking forward to this day. She'll be 8 months old on the 16th. The time has come. Maybe we'll be lucky and she won't have joint bleeds at all. In the meantime, I've got knee pads, leg warmers, and cushy carpet waiting for her with "open arms".

I'm still thinking about the helmet.

No comments:

Post a Comment