Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Orientation...

Of all the times that my acid reflux could have possibly flared up, it HAD to be this evening.

Orientation went splendidly (I survived the first cut! They accepted my application, right?), but I was feeling sick to my stomach throughout the whole orientation. F*cking A I have the worst luck! I thought I would be okay (able to hide it), until they told us that we had to break up in groups.

Dun, dun, dun!

I was visibly green at the gills. So "green" that I had to tell the trainers that I was in the middle of a reflux flare up in between mini gasps and gags. Yep, can we say unprofessional? Needless to say I'm hoping my little "medical issue" doesn't hinder my ability to start the Fall training program. The organization can defer me to the Spring program at their discretion. Space is REALLY limited so keep your fingers crossed that I'll make the FINAL cut for the Fall.

Having an acid reflux attack during "first impression time" is not good.

On the upside, I'm now convinced that my attacks are stress/anxiety induced. I've been good about taking my medications so there really is no other explanation behind what the hell happened today. I haven't had a flare up since finals week! Maybe I'll get that endoscopy after all. I'm sick and tired of taking so many medications that CLEARLY don't work to combat the issue.

Nevertheless, I'm glad the "meet and greet" portion is over. Acid relflux and all, I walked away with a lot of information and met some pretty interesting people. I'm excited to get in there and get started already! Sex education something that I've been interested in since I was nineteen. It feels good to be thisclose to getting that goal accomplished after all these years. It's also nice to be able to talk/learn about sex in an environment that doesn't treat it as a taboo/perverted subject.

Can I get a woo-hoo for sex education?!

No comments:

Post a Comment