Search This Blog

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Monday...

This past Monday was quite eventful.

Niki had her monthly check up with Dr. Awesome. As usual (Thank GOD!) her visit was uneventful. At this appointment we discussed Niki's port surgery and the recent INR/laboratory woes. It looks like her surgery is definitely going to happen in August when she turns 18 months. We don't know how much longer this Broviac is going to hold out especially since she keeps tugging at it. Port surgery is a MUST as soon as possible.

Keep in mind that I was supposed to re-enter the Rad Tech program in July.

So, with this latest development I had to rescind my re-entrance into school. John and I had a very lengthy discussion about my decision before I made the call to my Program Director. It was a very difficult decision to make (especially since I worked to hard to reach that educational threshold), but when push comes to shove Niki's health (and good health insurance) comes first. My employment situation hasn't changed (I'm still working full time) which means I would have similar issues getting ample accommodation to attend clinicals.

My education must be put on hiatus until Niki's condition is more stable.

It's a shame because I even held onto my books and self-studied, but school will always be there. If I'm having difficulty getting things to work out, there must be a good reason behind it. Or, at least that's what I've been telling myself to cheer me up. Nevertheless, I'm still very bummed that I can't finish what I've started.

Serves me right for doing things backwards.

I was feeling very low on Monday, but luckily I was supposed to meet with my friend K for Happy Hour. We've been best friends for over 20 years. I know that she can always cheer me up no matter how low I'm feeling. And as always, she delivered. She asked me to be her Maid of Honor for her destination wedding in Hawaii next year!!!!! I was very honored, buzzed, and teary all at the same time.

That was the best Monday I've ever had. :)

P.S. My awesome Monday was just followed by the most awesome Saturday...ever! I witnessed Niki's first steps at 10:00 this evening. She was standing on the bed and just started walking toward John. I can't wait for the "Future Kings" to see their baby sister walk. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment