Search This Blog

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sky-die-ving?

I'm going skydiving in a few hours and John is nervous. In fact, John is so nervous that he told me that it sucked that we couldn't have one last hoorah before I jumped out of the plane.

Like I was gonna die or something.

I'm on my period though so no "sexy time" for me. ;-) But don't get me wrong, I'm nervous too. Like, very nervous! However, this is also something that I've always wanted to do. I went bungee jumping in Manteca when I was in 8th grade. Actually, it was the summer before I started 8th grade so I was about 12 years old. Twelve!!!

True story.

I knew that I'd go skydiving someday. So when the opportunity arose and my coworker/friend G offered to accompany me this weekend (she has gone twice), I seized the opportunity. It's now or never. Perhaps I'm being too much of a risk taker, but I think that what I'm about to do is relatively low risk. Even though I probably shouldn't do this because I have three little ones who need me at home, I'm confident that everything will be just fine. God is watching over me.

It's not sky-die-ving...it's skydiving.

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to live to blog another day. Besides, Ethan is watching out for me too. And I KNOW he wouldn't let anything horrible happen to his Mama. (And his Daddy & siblings for that matter.) I don't mean to sound cocky, but I am a firm believer that God pays a little more attention to our corner of the universe because of our "little advocate" in the sky. We've been through enough. On the flip side, if Ethan wants me to be with him -- and I actually AM going sky-die-ving in a few hours -- then that's okay with me too. Either way, I'll die a happy woman whether it's when I'm 95 years old or from jumping out of a perfectly good airplane. Death comes when we least expect it.

Hopefully, that day WON'T be tomorrow though 'cause that would really suck.

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment