Search This Blog

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Queen Annika Nikole's Royal Tea Party

As promised, here are a few pics of Niki's 1st Birthday Party. It was a tea party theme (obviously) with a little bit of Alice in Wonderland thrown in.

And no, I had no idea that Johnny Depp was coming out with the movie when I chose the theme.

When I was about Kevie's age, my mother purchased a tea set for me at an old lady's estate sale. It was missing a few peices, but I loved it so very much. I even used to have tea parties with my neice when she was a little girl. I held onto that tea set all these years hoping that I'd have a daughter someday. I always fantasized that my daughter's 1st birthday would be a tea party.

Well, my daughter finally arrived and my fantasy had the opportunity to materialize.

This was by far the most stressful party I have ever planned. But honestly, I think it was my favorite. The Hip Hop party I threw for the boys comes close too! The party was at the Sir Francis Drake Hotel in Union Square. Yes, it was a little "three much", but I think Niki deserved it after all she's gone through in the 1st year of her life.

Long live the Queen! :)


Scroll invitation made by yours truly...
The invitation...
The "Tea Tree" with tea bag place cards...

My hands were raw from making the floral arrangements...

Tea Tables...

The younger crowd sat at "Herbal Green Tea & Organic White Tea"...(Can you guess why? LOL)

Niki's Menu/Story

The Purple Chocolate Fountain & Tiny Treats



Red Velvet Cake Pops...


Queen Niki's Candy Bar...


Niki's Topsy-Turvy Cake...




Boo making a hat...

The Mad Hatter's Hat Table...

Alice walked all the way from Wonderland in her adorable black flats!


Of course, we promoted the Hemophilia Walk...

Don't forget to support our team: Lucky Factor Seven! If you read this blog, I expect nothing less than your support. ;-)

Gifts...

The Kings & The Queen...

All in all, I think the party turned out to be a success and the sleepless nights were all worth it in the end. Despite the stress, I had a lot of fun doing all of the painstaking work to plan the whole shebang. It was nice to plan a girl's party for a change.

Is it sad that I already have her cotillion planned? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment