Search This Blog

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day...

Tomorrow is my only "special day" of the year. My birthday has been nonexistent ever since Kevie was born so Mother's Day is all I have. I don't mind; I like having him as my birthday buddy. :-)

I've had to work on Mother's Day for the past two years so I'm kind of looking forward to tomorrow. Granted, I would get off two hours early on my previous Mother's Days, but still...it's not the same. I don't remember what I did in 2007, but last year I got to watch Alicia Keys! It's so nice knowing that I don't have to work tomorrow. That is a gift in itself.

Mother's Day 2009? No work = so far so good. :-)

On Friday, Kevin surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of paper flowers, a card, his hand prints, and a coffee mug. I just got back from a dinner date with Kev, Boo, and Niki. The lions were perfect angels and people actually stopped to admire how well behaved they were. Ha, fooled them didn't they? I didn't realize that our dinner was Mother's Day-esque until the waitress greeted me. :-)

Even though I have yet to enjoy my special Sunday, Mother's Day has been pretty awesome so far. Being a mother is the best job I've ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment