Search This Blog

Friday, May 1, 2009

TGIF

I'm not back to work yet so it may seem a little weird for me to be thankful for Friday's arrival. Nevertheless, I'm going to say it anyway - TGIF!!!!

Weekdays are crazy with everything that our lifestyle entails. Rushing home from work, picking up kids, homework, baths, chores, feeding, meltdowns, spousal bickering, and the latter make things real hectic around the house. Having three kids ages 5 and under make it REALLY hard to keep your cool sometimes. Especially, when you only have less than three hours to do your nightly routine. Fridays are nice simply because there are no schedules to abide by.

I only have two short weeks left being a pseudo-stay-at-home mom. It was so nice that I'm dreading going back to work. I mean, I'm not exactly the Susie Homemaker type, but I REALLY enjoy being home with the kids. Really. Even though I spent 80% of my time doing jack-diddly-squat, oh how I wish I could do nothing forever. It's not that I'm lazy, it's just that being home made me realize how hard I work. I didn't realize how hard a seven day work week was on my body until I became a complete blob at home. I feel less tense these days.

Dust bunnies or not, I deserved this break.

A lot of things are going to change in a few short months. I start school in July, the house is sold, and we now have THREE kids to wrangle in addition to our work schedules. Our family is making the dreaded move back in with the in-laws to help reduce costs. We have no other choice, I can only work part time when I'm in school! Ah shoot, it's only two years of sacrifice, right? We can do it. The in-laws aren't so bad, it's merely the adjustment period of getting used decreased privacy and space. It's been a few years since we've cohabitated with the in-laws so hopefully the adjustment won't be too hard. We've spent more time there just to soften the blow. It's still gonna suck though. I'm really going to miss walking around in my socks and undergarments at 2am. ;-P

P.S. Niki is doing much better. The redness has reduced and the knot is getting smaller. Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment