Search This Blog

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Cookies & Blue Angels

We were originally supposed to take the kids to see the Blue Angels on Saturday 10/9/10, but John unexpectedly had to work on the car (the PT Cruiser). So, instead of having an impromptu chill session with my friends J&M to fill my day, I ended up staying home to tend to the cubs. I spent all of Saturday lounging in my house clothes and baking.

I learned very quickly that promising the kids that they could lick the bowl (after) does wonders to keep them well-behaved while I bake. The boys really enjoy measuring and mixing things together. Meanwhile, I use the opportunity to teach them about fractions. Niki simply enjoys snacking on whatever morsels of sweetness I give her. So, it's a win-win situation.

Let the picture parade commence...
 Oatmeal & Raisins...
 All mixed-up...
 Fresh Out of the Oven...
 The Finished Product...
 Getting Devoured by John...

My first batch of cookies were a special request from my MIL. She loves oatmeal raisin cookies which is why I whipped some up for her. John just so happened to come home when they were fresh out of the oven. He doesn't really have a sweet tooth, but he loves oatmeal raisin cookies. He devoured some too. Again, it was a win-win situation. :)

I was still in the mood to bake once the oatmeal raisin cookies were done. So, I decided to try a heirloom coconut-chocolate chip cookie recipe. John must have really enjoyed the oatmeal cookies because he decided to hang out with me while I baked. Let me just say that I love it when he keeps me company in the kitchen. I feel so...grown up. (Lol, if that makes any sense.) John snapped some pictures, helped me measure/mix when my arms got tired, and polished off a few of the cookies with Niki as they came out of the oven. Baking has become my therapy again. And I feel a little more Mommy-like too.


My Semi-Sweet Guy Measuring Some Semi-Sweet Chocolate
Coconut & Chocolate
 Me and Noie

Rounded Spoonfuls...sort of.
Before...

After...
My Cookie Monster...


In case you missed it, it was Fleet Week here in the Bay Area! I've always loved the way the City transforms during Fleet Week. (Especially the during the weekend.) All the beautiful people are out and about, love/lust is in the air, and it's tons-o-fun to kick back to see the ladies going ga-ga over cute sailors. (It's good luck to kiss a sailor, you know.) In our younger, pre-cub days, John and I would go out every year with our friends to cruise the City. We would take the Mustang, drive with the top down, and "people watch" on Broadway.

Good times!

It has been years since John and I experienced Fleet Week's "nightlife", but we've made it a family tradition to take the cubs to see the Blue Angels every year. The boys really enjoy the sound of the planes zooming overhead. I like spending time with my kiddos and explaining the world to them. There was nothing like a gorgeous Sunday in the City to make me feel refreshed for the work week! We attended the air show on Sunday, October 10th. Here a few pictures from the day...Enjoy!

He did.
 We paid $40 for parking at Pier 23!!!

 I see this guy everywhere! (Remember my pictures from Folsom?)
Hello, sailor!
Gotta LOVE SF.
 We finally made it.


 They were flying loooooowwwww...
 And high...
 Loooooowwwwww...

 And high....


I love the looks on their faces. :)


We spent the rest of the day enjoying the hot weather at Pier 39...





 Boo and Niki are lefty's. This store is total crap though.
 John and Uncle J carrying the Queen in her chariot. ;-)
The Little Lions

I wish every weekend was like this one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment