Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Boo-Boo's 5th Birthday...

My sweet little Boo-Boo (aka: Anthony) turned 5 years old on July 20th.

It seems like I just gave birth to him yesterday -- the 2nd ADDition to our growing family. I knew I wanted Boo before I even got pregnant with him. John and I purchased Boo's first baby blanket the day we decided to ADD onto our family. Oh, and when he finally arrived...I was in love! Boo's arrival taught me what "real parenting" was all about. Having more than one child teaches you a lot about the true meaning multi-tasking. :)  I can still remember the smell of his soft, downy hair and the quirky look of his itty-bitty Alfafa-esque mohawk.

How I miss his baby days!
I can't believe that Anthony is going to start Kindergarten in a few short weeks! I'll never forget what it felt like to drop him off at his first day of Speech Therapy. He was barely two years old. He cried and I cried, but as time progressed Boo got very used to the idea of being separated from his Mama.

And, he's that way ever since.

Eventually, Boo's speech therapy really started to kick in. I can still hear his tiny, toddler voice trying to sing along to Sister Nancy and Dawn Penn (the first two songs playing on my blog) as we drove together 3-4 times a week to his school in Redwood Shores. These songs were the first two "non-school songs" that he learned how sing. Bam Bam was his favorite. :-) I was always worried about Boo and his severe expressive speech delay, but now he talks up a storm.

And...he makes it a point to utterly detest these songs because he loves being defiant and marching to the beat of his own drum. :)

Time is quickly slipping away. He's already too cool to kiss me at school. My heart aches knowing that my rough and tumble daredevil -- my baby -- is quickly slipping from my grasp. My Boo -- the boy that has his Mother's sensitive heart and his Daddy's regal lion-like pride -- is growing up fast. It makes me want to cry just thinking about how special that little guy is and how much he's flourished over the years.

And... I am so proud to be his Mommy.

Here are a few pictures of my boy's special day. :)

Boo was the Meteorologist/Special Helper for the day. Pictures taken at Boo's Kindergarten Readiness class...
 My little perfectionist was *very annoyed* that his name was spelled wrong, but nevertheless he was a good boy and completed his work.
Snack & Recess

Niki had port teaching that morning, but John was able to make it back in time to join Boo's mini-birthday party. We grabbed cookies and juice at the very last minute because we weren't sure how many kids were in his class. They were a big hit with the kids, but I'm sure not-so-big-of-a-hit with the school janitor. Those five-year-olds made a huge ol' frosted-sprinkled mess on the carpet. ;-)


John had to go to work so I stayed home and cuddled with my cubs until he got off. Then, we resumed the celebration and took the boys to watch Toy Story 3 in 3D at the Metreon. There was one moment in the movie that was surprisingly intense enough to make me cry. I shifted my gaze over to Boo (who was sitting next to me) to see how he was reacting to the scene and he looked very concerned. He *totally* has my heart.  ;-)

Boo (on his Daddy's shoulders) and Kevie walking to the theater.

After the movie was done, we retired back at home and gorged on super delish chocolate cake. It was a great day for all of us, most especially Boo.

I wonder what he was wishing for....

No comments:

Post a Comment