Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Pre-Surgery Reprieves...

I mentioned in my last post that I had two very relaxing reprieves before Niki was admitted to the hospital on 7/12. As promised, here's my post on those two events.

Friday, July 9, 2010:

John took me out on a unexpected dinner date to Espetus Churrascaria, a Brazilian steak house in the city. I LOVE that restaurant! Surprise dinners dates are always nice, but I surmise that John was just trying to brown-nose since he was leaving for Vegas in a week. The very first time I went to Espetus was for my sister's birthday dinner a few years ago---2006 I believe. If my memory serves me correctly, my StepMama went to a restaurant similar to Espetus in New York and that's how she found out about it. Let me just say that I've been smitten ever since! Not only do they keep the meat comin' at Espetus, some of the Gouchos are cute too.

Or perhaps it's just the juicy meat on skewers that gives them sex appeal.  ;-)

Nevertheless, there's nothing like succulent carnivore gluttony to make my pregnant belly happy. Ethan had the luxury of indulging at Espetus twice when I was pregnant with him. And now Fireball 2 has indulged too. :) I was so full that I knocked the hell out as soon as we got home. I didn't even give John any special attention to thank him for dinner because I was already waaaay too stuffed with meat when we got home. He had to save his hot links for some other time. ;-P (insert your audible gags here) LOL!

Pictures brought to you courtesy of my iPhone. I didn't want to take the Canon there lest I look like a *gasp* tourist during date night! Yikes! They're blurry, but you get the idea. If you're really interested to see what all the hype is about, check out Espetus if you're ever in SF.

 The yummiest salad bar ever...
I filled my plate to the brim with mango salad...
 As soon as our plates were filled, it was SIM, POR FAVOR for the rest of the night...
 Bring on the meat!
 These ribs are absolutely mouth-watering...
 The only sausage I had that night! Lol!
 I had enough after a little over an hour of eating...
 The BEST Tres Leches EVER!!!
 
 This was the cutest little teapot, short and stout. ;-)
 A trick I've been doing since I was a kid.

Saturday, July 10, 2010:

John and I spent most of the early morning and mid afternoon packing for Niki's hospital stay. As soon as we were done, we went off to Hayward for John's goddaughter's 1st birthday party. It was a very cute fairy princess party complete with dashes of summer time fun.

Niki got her very own no-sew tutu and fairy wings while the boys got a sand pail filled with all sorts of summer time goodies. And, John's cousin hired a caricature artist to draw pictures of the guests. Oh, and there was a pool too!  John got Niki a super cute swimsuit last season and she finally had the opportunity to break it in. Niki really loved the water -- this was her first time at a pool. The boys had blast splashing around in the pool as well. I swear these kids are totally like lions/cats sometimes though. Kevin and Boo were screaming like a banshees at first because they weren't used to being in a cold pool. However, the boys haven't been swimming in at least 2-3 years so I suppose it's understandable.  (On that note, I really need to enroll the boys in some swim lessons. I almost drowned when I was Kevie's age -- while wearing a life vest I might add -- during a childhood trip to Raging Waters. So. Not. Cool.) Anyway, the kids had a ball, the food was delish, and I got to satisfy my sweet-sour tooth at the candy bar before I entered the world of bland hospital food.

I couldn't think of a better way for our family to spend time together before Niki's surgery. There were so many other elements to the party that I could write about, but a picture speaks a thousand words. I didn't get official permission from the birthday girl's parents to post pictures of her, but she is SUPER adorable. Cute enough to be in a magazine even. :)

Enjoy!

 The boys were NOT lovin' it at first...
But they got used to it eventually...
Niki loved splashing in the water the entire time...
Yes, I painted her toes. It's non-toxic Piggy Paint so don't worry.
My Little Fairy...

No comments:

Post a Comment