Search This Blog

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Happy Birthday to Us!

Saturday, June 26, 2010:
In case you didn't know, I gave birth to Kevin on my 21st birthday. So, instead of having a beer, I had a baby. :) Kevie was hands down THE BEST birthday present I've ever received. Aside from making me a mother, the beauty of sharing a birthday with my son means that I DON'T have a birthday anymore. That means I'll be 21 forever right?! ;-)

It's all about my boy on June 26th.

John and I started the morning by giving Kev his birthday gift. We always get Boo a gift on Kev's birthday too so he doesn't get jealous. (We do the same for Kevie on Boo's birthday too.) They both got skateboards and were excited as hell to ride them. They didn't even change out of their pajamas yet, but I think John was excited too so he let them ride their skateboards in front of the house.


John wants them to be skaters. :-)
What did John get me for my birthday? Flowers delivered to my work. :)


Now, I don't know why, but I thought it would be a good idea to go to a theme park to celebrate our birthday. We stopped by the cemetery to spend some time with Ethan and then off we went! We were originally supposed to go to Santa Cruz, but the weather was crappy so we opted to go to Discovery Kingdom instead. It was hot and I'm lazy and pregnant. It was not a very pregnancy-friendly outing, but I knew my cubs were going to have a blast. Here are some pictures from that day. I'm too lazy to write a long entry, but a picture speaks a thousand words anyway, right?

Fake Dolphins, obviously...
The real thing...
We saw two sets of four little lions as we were walking though the game area...
At Butterfly Discovery...
Nikka the Lioness :)
Niki with Epin Lion Lion
Wildlife...
This Tiger looked like he wanted to eat everyone. He kept pacing back and forth in front of the cage.

The cubs couldn't ride much and I couldn't ride anything at all. So, I'll have to say that Discovery Kingdom is better if you have older kids and/or you're not pregnant. The animals are really cool, but I prefer the Oakland Zoo over Discovery Kingdom any day. I'm not giving Discovery Kingdom bad reviews, I'm just saying I'm going to wait a few years before I go back there again. I think they next theme park we go to will definitely be Great America since I missed out last time.

The kids area isn't very big, but it's still cute...

We ended our day at Discovery Kingdom at Shouka Stadium
This was my favorite part of the show. Watching people get unexpectedly doused is always entertaining...
The kids enjoying Shouka...

We went home to enjoy some chill time together with the cubs. John got a delicious java ice cream cake for Kevin and I. After the kids went to sleep, John stayed in theme and took me out for a late night ice cream date at Mitchell's Ice Cream. I passed by that place numerous times before, but this was my first time there and I was NOT disappointed. It was definitely worth the wait. :) I wish I took pictures, but we're planning on bringing the cubs there soon so I'll write about the place some other time.

28 and 7
Caught grubbin' on candid camera. John is sucha jerk. Lol!
Best ice cream cake ever!
It was a good day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment