Search This Blog

Friday, July 2, 2010

May Leftovers...

Here are two mini photo essays on leftover events that happened in May.  Enjoy!

Kev & The Bullies Conclusion - May 20th

I took Kev and Boo to the library to rent some books and play in the park. The "ringleader bully" (I'll call him "L") just so happened to be there too. At first, I was a little hesitant about letting them play together, but I figured it would be best to let the cubs decide if they wanted to hang out with L. My lions need to learn how to leave the den someday. The good news was everything was going well. They were playing and no one was crying.

After a while I noticed the three of them (L, Kev, and Boo) huddled in the same spot for quite a while..
 Of course I took a picture before I approached them because I thought it was so cute that they were getting along so well. As I got a little closer, I saw that the boys hurriedly scrambled to put something away. Boo appeared panicked when I asked what they were doing. L stayed quiet, but quickly glanced at Kevie and then looked back at me.

Then Kevin excitedly blurted out, "We were using the magnifying glass to burn his (L's) shoes!"
Boo chimed in, "Yeah Mommy, it's so cool!"
L calmly looked me in the eye and said, "It burns."

I looked at the three of them and told them that it probably wasn't a good idea to burn anything with a magnifying glass. I mean really, what else could I say? They played for a while more until it got close to dark and then we went home. The next day Kevin came home from school and told me that he and L are "best buds".  His "bully" became his "bestie" from that day forward. :)

Kev and Boo's Dental Appointment - Tuesday, May 25th

Kev and Boo needed to have a dental appointment. My brother is a RDA so we went to the dental clinic that my family has been going to for nearly 13 years. The "Doc" is more like an Auntie than our family dentist. The appointment was originally supposed to be for me, but I had to fess up about my pregnancy before they did treatment. Actually, my brother was one of the first people in our family to officially find out about Fireball 2. Doc decided to take care of the cubs in place of my appointment.

Mr. Happy-Go-Lucky...

Kevin getting nervous...
Fillings with NO shots!
Kev's Super Huge Fangs...

Boo's Turn...
Boo getting nervous...
Fills with NO anesthesia!
Getting a kiss from Uncle...

The kids always do very well whenever we see Doc. I'm sure it's reassuring to have my brother taking care of them. This post may seem completely pointless, but I'm all about documenting my cubs' lives. This is what this blog is all about. :)

More posts coming your way! Keep checking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment